Platinum Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Platinum Order

TSW Illuminati Cabal

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teamspeak server

Go down 
+2
Maxymillion
Sanchez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sanchez

Anima : 28

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime19/3/2013, 2:59 am

As you know we have TS, this is great for the cabal as it promotes good communication. I currently pay for 10 concurrent slots and over the weekend we got to 9 people. As I need to renew at the end of April I just wanted to promote discussion of how many slots we should have AND is TS the right product. We could change over to Mumble or Ventrillo.

Please discuss!
Back to top Go down
Maxymillion
Visionary
Visionary
Maxymillion

Main Role : DPS
Anima : 148

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime19/3/2013, 10:49 am

Personally i am fine with TS. If you want me to help with payment thats fine too.
I hear alot of people prefer Ventrillo over TS though - opinions?
Back to top Go down
Sanchez

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime19/3/2013, 1:06 pm

I'm fine with TS as well, but when we are both on next can we make sure we get others opinions to make sure. The money isn't an issue as its small and it seems to be £1.10 per 10 slots per month.
Back to top Go down
Damean
Visionary
Visionary
Damean

Anima : 41

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime19/3/2013, 1:25 pm

Hehe my 2 cents here, Ventrilo is slight lighter on the system when it comes to ram, but both programs use very little anyway. I used to be hardcore fan of ventrilo but now I found out the difference isn't that big and TS is just fine. IF Sanch wants to stop paying we can find free servers on both TS and Vent, but idk how reliable (with regards to updtime and speed) and how many slots we can get.

About mumble, i only tried it once cant say much, wasnt impresed.
Back to top Go down
Maxymillion
Visionary
Visionary
Maxymillion

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime19/3/2013, 2:19 pm

We should probably also consider upgrading the available slots. If we reached 9 last weekend, maybe its smart to go for 15 or even 20 slots.

On a side-note here: I'll remember to bring this up ingame the next time we're both online sanch.
Back to top Go down
Damean
Visionary
Visionary
Damean

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime19/3/2013, 4:11 pm

Scratch my previous post, my info is really outdated. '09 like outdated.
As before Skype is the worst possible choice.

It seems TS and Vent are the slowest by far now, vent being just a little bit faster but they both have huge latency. (at lest 40ms) 2+ secs real time

Mumble is designed for gaming has virtually no latency, their codec is so superb that the communication is live, like being in the same room <0.5sec.

Downsides with Mumble is complicated register protocol and user interface.

I'm told Raidcall is somewhere between Mumble and TS/vent, and its free. Someone should test it

Back to top Go down
Sanchez

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime19/3/2013, 11:33 pm

The added advantage of mumble is that it's cheaper!
Back to top Go down
CASP3R421

CASP3R421

Anima : 73

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime20/3/2013, 9:22 am

i dont care what you guys make me download to rarely use silent

so long as its free for me to use i'll grab it
Back to top Go down
Skinflint

Anima : 1

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime21/3/2013, 5:00 am

If we do decide to switch to Mumble, it'd be worth noting that multiplayvoiceservers.com have a 50% off offer at the moment, meaning it'd cost £6.75 for a 6-month pre-paid server with 25 slots. Hell of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Maxymillion
Visionary
Visionary
Maxymillion

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime22/3/2013, 4:27 pm

After talking things over ingame and on teamspeak here is where we stand right now.

Fixity will provide us with a free to use mumble-server for testing.
Starting monday we can use both, teamspeak and mumble.
As of now, we will probably make a permanent change over to mumble.

Final desicion to be confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Maxymillion
Visionary
Visionary
Maxymillion

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime23/3/2013, 8:51 am

I encourage everyone to join our Mumble-Server.
You can download the client (Version 1.2.3a) for free: Download here

Once you installed the application and passed all the tutorials (can be skipped), you need to add a new server. Click the blue World-Bubble-Icon and then click on the option "add new server". Here you need to enter the following data:

Mumble-Adress: vt.badgerbadger.org
Mumble-Port: 64738

For your convenience i made a screenshot of how a successful login script looks like. Keep in mind, that you need to pick your own Username.
Teamspeak server Screen11
Sorry for the german text >.>

Also let us know, if you encounter any problems with the client.
As for me, i found that Secret World won't boot, if i have Mumble running before starting the game. So to work around this: Start TSW, then start Mumble.
Back to top Go down
Kryptische

Kryptische

Anima : 27

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime11/4/2013, 9:14 pm

I have no problem starting mumble then TSW. But, I cant change windows via alt+tab or open my start menu via the windows button. I have to ctrl+alt+del to open task manager, then I can change to other windows.
Back to top Go down
Damean
Visionary
Visionary
Damean

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime11/4/2013, 11:25 pm

Yea no problem for me there as well. I always start mumble before TSW so I dont have to alt tab, but if I forget it works the other way around as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Teamspeak server Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teamspeak server   Teamspeak server I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teamspeak server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Platinum Order :: General Discussions-
Jump to: